- catheter in and more diuretics - Nate is peeing now!
- today Nate has shown us he has an appetite....eating and drinking pretty well today!!
- prayers, emails, notes of encouragement and presence from family and friends - blessing us in a huge way
- talking to Brady - he informed me that instead of the 109 days he initially stated, he'd now like to stay at his cousins' house for 120 days
- seeing pictures of Brady playing and being his fun self
It's been a day day with some very noticeable improvements, mainly his eating! There are still some obstacles that are presenting themselves.
The echo that they did this morning still showed that that ventricle is being sluggish. These first few days after the surgery are important as the heart learns how it is now supposed to perform given the new band that he placed. Right now that ventricle is not doing a good enough job of pumping hard enough. They want to give him a drug, dopemine, to give it some extra strength and show it how it needs to pump. Now the issue is the central line is already out, and the IV that he has in his foot will only be sufficient for 24 hours, and they need to check it every 15 minutes because if there is a perf in the vein and not caught early, can burn the tissue. They need to put a central line or more preferable a picc line. Only problem is radiology is booked till Friday, and even Friday we're still only on the 'call list'. They need to anesthetize him and possibly intubate him as well. So that is something we are praying can happen tomorrow.
So, we're still in ICU and will be for a while. He's back on oxygen as well, a small volume, but it's enough to get his sats up to 100%.
To every one of you - thank you! Feeling strengthened and refreshed today!