Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cancelled

Dr. Rebeyka is not even close to finishing, so surgery is a no-go. We are now happily giving Nate milk and breakfast/lunch/snack or whatever you call it. I'd give him absolutely ANYTHING he wanted if he could tell me.

I totally can understand why this happens, and honestly, am thankful Nate won't follow this long and fatiguing adult case. My thoughts are with the family.

Right now, they say Nate's surgery will be on Friday - no details yet.

Thanks for sticking through this with us - we feel so surrounded by your love!

Won't my mom be surprised when she arrives here later this evening!! Nate will able to greet her here in our room!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments:

kristin said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Nate's surgery is postponed to Friday, but yes that does sound better than an already tired surgeon. Enjoy your day tomorrow. Hopefully it can be a relaxing one.
Love
Kristin

Eva said...

That's too bad... everybody was ready... you had your mind set on this event. But... I will continue to pray for you guys and I'm glad your little guy can spend a few more happy carefree days before the big surgery.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carole,

Thanks for the update, sorry Nate's
surgery was postponed. I'm glad
your Mom is on her way to be with
all of you. Enjoy your day together
tomorrow.

Take Care,
Nancy.

Dinah Elias said...

Sorry to hear that the surgery has been postponed. Wes had the same thing happen with his. It's hard when you've geared yourself up for it. We will keep praying. Thanks for keeping us posted!

Love & prayers
Dinah & Wes

CK said...

We're praying for you. This sounds so familiar. When Heidi went for surgery, it got cancelled a few times. It is emotionally draining. I feel for you... Enjoy your "waiting time". :)

Anonymous said...

You guys have been in my thoughts all day. Thanks for keeping us posted! Sorry to hear about the surgery delay. Praying that you'll have strength and peace while you wait, and that things will go smoothly on Friday.
Leanne

Anonymous said...

I will still be praying for you. Have a relaxing day tomorrow - hope the sun shines for you while you are out there.

Ang