Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Supper!

I was introduced to my new, absolute favorite soup recipe by Heather....and in the few weeks that I've had it, I've made this soup probably half a dozen times.  It is sooo delish!  So, I thought I'd share it.  (And chances are if you've been at my house for a meal in the last month, this is what you've had!  Some people have even had it twice!)





Cream of Potato Soup

6 cups chicken broth (I have used OXO to make my broth - shortcuts are good!)
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
3 cups chopped potatoes
3 cups chopped carrots
1/4 cup parsley
1-2 tsp dill weed
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste
4 cups milk
6 tbsp cheez whiz or 6 slices cheese
1 1/2 cups chopped ham or sausage

Combine broth, onions, potatoes, carrots, parsley and dill weed in a large pot.  Bring to a boil and simmer until veggies are tender.
In a sauce pan, melt butter, blend in flour, salt and pepper.  Add milk all at once, cook until thickened, stirring constantly.  Stir in cheese until melted.  Add to broth and vegetables; mix well.  Add meat.  Cook until heated through.


This will be supper for us today.  Along with some biscuits straight out of the oven....mmmm!  
As good as this might sound, I'm afraid it may be seen as a bit cruel by Don.  Yesterday I took some steaks out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge.  He's expecting a "man's steak" for supper .....not "girly soup and biscuits!"



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks really yummy....i do think i will make try to make is one day! Nothing better than soup and warm buscuits!!! Tell Don, the more steak ages, the better it will taste!!!
-d

Wendi said...

Wow, this looks yummy! I'll have to make it this week. Thanks for sharing!

Wendi
Mom to Luke - TGA, VSD
http://babyluke.wordpress.com

Tam said...

i just made this for supper. YUMMY! Thanks for the recipe!

Cam and Carmen said...

Love this recipe. Thanks for posting it. Our whole family loves it also. Looking at making some to freeze so i have some on hand meals to grab when the 2nd squirt arrives.

Nobody Puts Mama In A Corner! said...

OH I want some of this right now! Can I have some please???? I would eat it for breakfast if I could! Making my shopping list and checking it twice! Thanks for sharing!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh...this looks so yummy!

Carmelle said...

Oh have I told you how this is now one of our new favorite soups too?! It is delish!