Saturday, March 13, 2010

Refreshed

Don, Nate and I went out for a great walk late yesterday afternoon. We walked for about an hour in our neighborhood and checked out Whyte Avenue, Edmonton's version of Corydon. We came back feeling refreshed, armed with some Booster Juice for mom and I, and some cake. I felt like we needed to celebrate something, and what better way to do that than with cake!! Not sure exactly what we're celebrating...maybe that we made it through the week, or that the next day wouldn't be spent at the hospital!!

Today has been a totally low-key day, just hanging out here in our room. We went for one short walk, but it was a bit windy. Don and Nate had a nice nap this afternoon, did some laundry and now Hockey Night in Canada is on! On a side note, when we met Dr. Rebeyka the first time and told him we were from Winkler, he immediately made the connection with Dustin Penner's hometown. Yes, we're in oil country!!

Anyway.....

Time to look ahead to the week to come with renewed energy, hope and courage!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Esther said...

Well, I've finally found you on blogspot! I have tried a few times and never had any luck. This week, the light went on when I finally realized that the times I had sat at my computer and tried yet again, I had been entering BONNIE HIEBERT!(DUH!)
I'll make this short. I remember our conversation somewhere along the way, as we compared notes on VHC, echos, and Dr. Soni. Your journey has been miles beyond anything we've gone through with Thomas. I have read some of your older posts to get caught up and I am amazed, encouraged, challenged, and been in awe of the incredible faith, perseverance, and courage (what else can I say?) you have shown in your journey. A true demonstration of trust is to place those things which are most precious to you in the very hands of God. I marvel at how you have done that. My prayers are with you in the coming days.
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Looking forward to reading some exciting progress reports in the coming weeks!
Esther(Schmidt)Black

Anonymous said...

It sounds as though you have turned the day into a day of celebration for what you have in spite of discouragements faced. I can't think of a better way to spend the day than what you described. Staying put, staying together, and making your ensuite a comfortable home environment. It sounds effective.

Carole, your quiet strength speaks volumes. May tomorrow be another day of rejuvenation and celebration, even if for no reason in particular.

We are still praying.

marilyn (and ian)

Anonymous said...

I hope there is some cake left to celebrate Don's birthday today!!