Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Night before...

It has all come about so quickly, the countdown of days has now turned into hours.  So hard to know what to say.....not sure where to start....and where to end.  The thoughts, feelings and emotions reach into the deepest part of my heart.

The day today was a little bit more stressful with some nosebleed issues from Nate.  My only guess is that it's from the dry air in the hotel room.  He had one nosebleed during last night, and milder spot bleeding sporadically throughout today.

My only response to the way that we've been trying to prep him for surgery tomorrow is that it is an answer to prayer.  He isn't displaying any real signs of nervousness or apprehension, but it's because I think he really doesn't get it.  But we also prayed that he wouldn't get worked up, or fight it either.  I explain things to him and he listens, sometimes says a thing or two, and then moves right on to finding his Lego piece, and changes the conversation!  I'm just going to take this response as an answer to prayer right now.

The days have brought moments of panic and fear.  I've let myself cry it out sometimes.  Mostly, I just pray and remember all of the verses that I hold dear. There are so many, and I really should put them all together in one place.  The peace does come.  I know God is doing something good in Nate, and I can't wait to see how each step of his life has been a part of the bigger picture that we just don't see yet.

So thankful for all of the prayers, and ask for them to continue.  We'll be at the hospital by 6am (Alberta time;) and the surgery is scheduled for 7:20.  I'll update as best I can and hope to get some pictures posted, too.


Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, 
according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church
 and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!  Amen
Ephesians 3:20-21


No comments: