Saturday, April 27, 2013

Day 6 - making plans

Well, things are a little uncertain right now. After rounds, one of the cardiologists came it to talk. Nate's INR levels are not coming up yet. They feel he could be 4-5 days away from regulating, and achieving sufficient blood protection with the Coumadin. That being said, they really need us out of the hospital. It's full and there are more coming - so they need the space. They are considering transferring us to Children's Hospital in Winnipeg, and stay there until we are ready for discharge. They won't send us without our consent, but are feeling like this would be a good option, as long as there are no other issues that come up, or are seen after reading his echo, etc. At this point, they don't know whether he would require a medical transport, or if we'd be able to fly commercially.

That's where things are at right now. If we were to transport, it would be tomorrow. As of right now, it looks like Children's will have a bed available tomorrow afternoon. Please pray that the right decision will be made and it would be safe for Nate, no matter what the decision.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is just information for you. I follow your blog and another blog called Mending Hearts and Bending Knees. You are both Christian moms and your faith truly impacts your readers. As it turns out you are both at the same hospital in Edmonton at the same time. If you would like to meet her, check out her blog and decide if you want to contact her at the hospital. Who knows, perhaps you already have met. I hope you don't mind me mentioning this but I just thought you might be a help to each other. I am overjoyed to read how well Nate is doing and I continue to keep you all in my prayers. God Bless.