Sunday, August 9, 2009

My New Friend

I made a new friend, of the canine variety this morning.

While Don took the boys to the airport fly-in, I decided to enjoy a little 'me time' and get a run in. I was about a mile in, along the dike on the west side of town when a black lab came running along side me. After recovering from the spook, and realizing that this dog didn't have any bite in him, I was fine. I just kept on trucking, hoping the dog would loose interest in my journey and return home.

Well, a mile passed, and another and he was still right beside me. Then I started to get annoyed. So far, I had been on what could be considered more of a rural route, but as I rounded the corner on mile 3 into the residential area, the dog showed no signs of going home.

And right through town, he followed me. To all the vehicles who passed me, muttering under their breath, "Why can't people keep their dogs on a leash", and to the others who are right now composing a letter to the editor regarding the irresponsible dog owner who let her dog run loose beside her along the road, I say this:

IT'S NOT MY DOG!

Well, he followed me right into our yard, a nice friendly dog. A collar, but without any tags, ID or tattoo.




We're still waiting for the city's animal control guy to come pick him up and bring him to the shelter, where hopefully his owner's will check in the morning and be reunited!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's too funny...maybe it is a sign!!!
-d