Monday, January 19, 2009

Sleep Update

So, I'm about 5 pages into one of the books....that really shouldn't surprise anyone!!  Who has time for reading these days, anyway?  The good news is that Nate's nights have not gotten worse!  In fact, I'm pretty sure we've had some 2 to 2 1/2 hour stretches (I think.....I no longer check the clock every time I wake up - it's a coping mechanism!!!)  

I've got a little project up my sleeve today - and I chose to work on that instead of read.  It's a whole lot more fun!  I'll have to post some pictures when I'm done.  I'm making a head board for my sister (a belated birthday gift).  I've only made one before, and that was for our queen bed, but since getting a bigger bed recently, I figured I might as well make a new one for us too!  So I'll post the 2 headboards when they're all done!  Sure was nice to have Don home today (his usual day off) working in the garage and cutting wood for me.

We got notice of our next appointment with Nate's ped. cardiologist - it'll be on February 11th.  Always mixed feelings when you start anticipating those appointments.  But we pray everyday for a miracle that will knock the doctor's socks off!!  He's such  a precious little boy!  He's 8 1/2 months now.  At this point, Brady was already walking!  Nate's not quite there, instead, he's enjoying hanging on to our fingers and walking around that way!

Here's a couple pics of our little guy!



Everyone keeps asking where his reddish hair comes from!  Cute, isn't it?




Cool guy!  LOVES his walker
transportation device.



On the verge of falling asleep.  Just had to get a quick shot of it (and a short video clip of his head bobbing) before getting him down on his bed!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get a miracle too - they do happen! He is cute. Our kids started walking later and later with each one.... so don't worry.

kristin said...

Can't wait to see pics of headboards. And never mind having time to read, how do you have time to construct furniture!! And I'm glad to hear that sleep might be improving.

He is a cutie, and looks like he's looking more like a toddler and less like a baby. We'll be praying for your Heart appointment.

Anonymous said...

I have the 11th marked in the calendar as a playdate with Brady. My kids will be counting the sleeps till then, and arguing about whose friend he is and who gets to play with him!