Monday, June 11, 2012

Peace through His Word

This, too, Lord?

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord, your God.
the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour. (Isaiah 43:2,3)

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Saviour,
who daily bears our burdens.  (Psalm 68:19)


Strength and courage for the everyday.

I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation,
whether well fed or hungry,
whether living in plenty or in want.
I can do all everything through him who gives me strength. (Phil. 4:12,13)

Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be
with you wherever you go.  (Deuteronomy 31:6-8)


It is all part of YOUR plan.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth.,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be. (Psalm 139:12-16)


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me,
and I will listen to you.
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."  (Jeremiah 29:11)


Fill me.

May the God of HOPE fill you will all JOY and PEACE
as you TRUST in Him, so that you may OVERFLOW with HOPE
by the POWER of the Holy Spirit.  (Romans 15:13)

I pray that out of His glorious riches he may strengthen you,
so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.
And I pray you, being rooted and established in love, may have power to grasp
how wide and long and deep and high is the love of Christ,
and to know this love that surpasses knowledge -
that you may be filled to the measure of all fullness of God.
Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine,
according to his power that is at work within us,
to him be glory in the Church, and in Christ Jesus
through out all generations, for ever and ever. Amen.  (Ephesians 3:16-21)

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.  (Psalm 143:8)


I pray for healing.

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."  (Psalm 147:3)

"For with God nothing will be impossible."  (Luke 1:37)

"Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."  (Hebrews 4:16)


No comments: