Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Lovely Longhorns!

Okay, while we're on the topic of decor this week, indulge me with a moment of your time, and either roll your eyes with boredom, cringe with dislike, or laugh at the very thought.

A couple weeks ago, I decided it was time to change things up in the living room, and that meant a fresh look for the fireplace.

Now hear me out. Since the very first time I saw these horns at Don's work 4 months ago, I knew that they needed to fit into my house somewhere, sometime. I just didn't think they'd work in my current house. You could say they're a little bold and lend themselves to a certain look!




A few more pieces from the Loft at Eldon's were added, bringing it down to a style that works with the rest of the house - and I'm loving it! Now, I know some of you grew up with the real thing in the back pasture, so this might not be what you'd like displayed in your living room! But for me - I'm loving the juxtaposition of the shiny chrome and my good ol' longhorns!




4 comments:

Eva said...

I love the painting!

Tam said...

Oh it looks great! You have a great style.

Megan Hildebrand said...

Love 'em Carole! :)

BK said...

You're very talented & creative, Carole! Very classy looking horns, I must say! BK