Friday, November 12, 2010

Borrowed words

I was checking up on baby Bowen again, and just wanted to share something that his dad, Matt wrote. It's a snippet from the book "Wrestling With An Angel" by Greg Lucas:

“I hear religious minded people say all the time with good intentions. ‘God will never place a burden on you so heavy that you cannot possibly carry it.’

Really?
My experience is that God will place a burden on you so heavy that you cannot possibly carry it alone. He will break your back and your will. He will buckle your legs until you fall flat beneath the crushing weight of your load. All the while He will walk beside you waiting for you to come to the point where you must depend on Him.
‘My power is made perfect in your weakness,’ He says, as we strain under our burden.
Whatever the burden, it might indeed get worse, but know this-God is faithful. And while we change and get old, He does not. When we get weaker, He remains strong. And in our weakness and humility, He offers us true, lasting, transforming, and undeserved grace.”

-Greg Lucas


I've been anxiously waiting to hear back from Nate's cardiologist. I'm expecting some information regarding what Dr. Redington (Head of cardiology at Sick Kids in Toronto) is recommending. As much as I want to hear what the next step is going to be, large parts of me don't want to find out.

Thanks for keeping Don and I, and Brady and Nate in your prayers.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I love those words Carole. They are so true!
Praying for all 4 of you. And the medical staff.
Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those words, his perspective is so true!
We too are praying that the right measures can be done for precious Nate.
Let us know what the cardiologist recommends as soon as you know, ok?
Hugs from all of us to you all.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

My son Logan who is now 3 also has cctga.He had a 1.5 ventricle repair at sick kids at 18 months old. I came across your blog while looking for information and wanted to say thank you for spreading awareness and sharing your journey. I have not had the pleasure of meeting with Dr.Reddington but I do know he is one of the best there. If you have any questions about sickkids or just want to talk feel free to email me at brookjohnston9@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Praying for all four of you all the time! This evening Ry was praying that Nate would get better from his surgery ~ what a great reminder that God cares and He's working as you wait! Keep us posted.

Rachel

Brenna said...

Hi Carole, I soooo understand how you feel...sometimes it is hard to hear what the "next step" is for our little boys. I will be thinking about you and praying for your family. We are about to take our next step; PA banding is scheduled for Dec 16. I have started a blog to keep friends/family updated. It is www.weheartnicholas.blogspot.com. Thanks for sharing your experience, Carole. It makes this a little bit easier to bear, knowing I'm not the only momma hurting for her child.
Brenna in California