Monday, May 10, 2010

A Little Aha Moment

I had a little 'aha' moment yesterday, so I thought I'd share it here. Here's the background:

There were many times during our stay in Edmonton, that the word 'grasping' would sum up how I was feeling. Often at night, if it was my turn to sleep at the hotel, before falling asleep I'd open my Bible and just search for encouragement or for some piece of scripture that God wanted for me. There was also a notebook a friend had given me with some verses especially for our time away. Every time someone would email or leave a comment on the blog with a verse, I added it to that notebook. So there were other times during the day, when I felt I was grasping for some hope, I'd open this notebook and read the scripture.

Then yesterday, I was reading this devotional in My Utmost for His Highest (Oswald Chambers) and this line stuck out:

"If, when a crisis comes we instinctively turn to God, we will know that the habit has been formed in us."

So even though it may have felt like I was grasping for something, I think I really knew the only place there was to go was into God's word. I needed that truth and to hear God's voice in those moments.


So that was my moment....hope it kind of makes sense to you! Click on the link and you can read that devotional if you like!



No comments: