Tuesday, October 21, 2008

WIRED

For the last 24 hours, Nate has been wearing a Holter monitor.  The purpose of the Holter is to get a very realistic sampling of his heart rhythm and electrical activity over a 24 hour period.  Aside from being awkward and bulky, and not condusive for feeding and cuddling, it was pretty easy!  

Yesterday, for the first time in a long while, Don didn't have to take Nate for a drive to settle him down for sleep!  Yea!!  The only downside was that I didn't get my Timbits, that I'd been growing accustomed to receiving after every late night drive!! 
 
It seems like lately, I'm very often searching the internet for information.  There is so much I still don't know about Nate's condition and it's treatment.  Today I received info from the Variety Children's Heart Clinic, where Nate is being cared for, regarding an Immuno-Prophylaxis Program.  This consists of a monthly injection during the 6 month RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) season for babies at higher risk for this infection (ie. preemies, lung disease or heart disease).  Yes, more needles, but for the safety of the baby.  So, while I have a few minutes, I'm off to cyberworld to do some investigating!


And for the record, we're now on night #4 of Brady falling asleep with his beloved firetruck tucked under his arm!

Thanks again to all of you for upholding us in your thoughts and prayers.  We feel it and appreciate it so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww. Too bad they don't make holtor monitors as tiny as Nate's body. That thing looks huge on him. Brady's expression is priceless! Looks like he's at the funny face stage. Thanks for sharing these updates on you, Don and the kids, especially Nate. Even though I don't call all that much, I do think about you guys a lot and pray for you.