Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Schmidt Camping Weekend

The weekend at the lake was FABULOUS! It was Hot, Hot, Hot, but still cooled down nicely each evening. The younger generation played non stop all weekend, and us older folk took it easy and enjoyed the beach, campfires, fellowship and on and on!



I always thought that "Book Club" was all about the food.....after the first meal of the weekend (a buffet of bacon, eggs, fresh muffins, fruit - I could keep going here!) I was quickly reminded that it's camping.....it's really all about the food. And then croissant sandwiches at lunch...


One of the super hot afternoons led to a water fight between Grandpa and the younger ones. It was quite hilarious to watch!! Not sure who was having more fun!





Best toy that we brought along for Nate....this and the dump trucks, loaders, etc.!



Saturday evening was capped off with fireworks, courtesy of the campsite next to us, and a special showing of Horton Hears a Who, on the BIG screen!







OK, this picture is not about me, but I laughed out loud when I saw it the first time. Don had the camera and I told him to take a picture of the 3 of us. Hmmm.....I see a donkey's ear, and an inflatable activity toy.....but I seem to be missing the other 2 faces that were to be in the picture!


But the next morning, he did capture some better shots during the bike ride with Brady!!






What a great weekend!

3 comments:

kristin said...

Looks like a fun weekend Carole! And that picture of "the three of you" is quite hilarious. But can't blame the poor guy, he was just blinded by his hottie of a wife in the swimsuit! We'll talk soon.

Carole Hiebert said...

Oh, dear Kristin....that's exactly why I debated putting that picture in there....I should have at least smudged me out. You make me laugh!!!!

Tam said...

Looks like a great weekend with family! The weather was perfect!
The picture of you and your two boys is priceless.