Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday, Sleepy Monday

I ate cake before 9am this morning. Farmer's Brownies, to be specific. I guess today, my cake was my consolation!! Ever felt like that?

We've been having some exhausting sleep and night issues with Nate for the last few nights (and by that, I mean bigger issues than just waking up a couple times a night!). It's been tiring physically and emotionally. I'm sure I'm not alone in this feeling....of just not knowing what to do and feeling helpless that you can't even comfort or soothe your own child.

I know there are always teething issues that all babies will deal with, and I can only wish that was all it was. But there I was last night lying beside a very restless Nate....trying to get an accurate reading on his heart rate (around 150 bpm, from what I could tell), and listening to his breathing which was anything but clear and steady. In my mind, trying to come up with a composed email to send to his cardiologist in the morning.

Restfull, it was not!

But like our pastor said in church on Sunday, quoting Chuck Swindoll: "Life is 10% what happens to us, and 90% how we respond to it."

Well, I guess in the grand scheme of things, responding to this with my cake this morning is perhaps acceptable, if not somewhat detrimental to my own dietary goals :)

And after going for a 3pm drive this afternoon to finally getting him to fall asleep for his only nap of the day (and after a good cry myself), things look a little brighter. Since the pediatrician that we see only comes out once per month, we'll be seeing our family doctor this Thursday about his breathing and lung issues. Then we'll see where we go from there!

To quote an unknown source: "Whoever says they sleep like a baby, probably doesn't have one!"




1 comment:

charlotte mgcc said...

Carole.....I know that I have stopped by in a very long time, yet this morning I felt lead to see how things were going for you and you little tike.
I am sorry that things have been so tough recently. A mom just needs her sleep at the best of times, and even more when you need all you strength and energy.
I pray that the dr. will find something for Nate to resolve what is troubling him and that all of you will sleep well again....SOON!
Consider yourself tucked safely into the presence of God this morning.........